The web design industry is really saturated at the moment with a huge most designers either being good and expensive or cheap and poor. This is particularly true in my local town Blackpool. Unfortunately I am within that industry and in the past it may have been possible for me to charge a decent fee for my work it has become increasingly difficult in this economy. So I have been working at setting up a new company called 1st4 Web Design that focusses on affordable websites that are affordable, visually impressive and perform great in Google.
In order to achieve this I have started developing exclusively in WordPress and for the more affordable websites I generally use existing themes or frameworks which is then customised based on the clients requirements. Unlike other designers that I have complained about in the past I typically make considerably changes to the theme making it as unique as possible.
As I am am originally an SEO consultant (and I still am) a lot of my focus is on making the website perform the way I think it should. It is not just about making sure you rank well in Google, though this is an important factor, but it is everything else. That is why all my sites will have the following work done to them:
- Google Analytics Integration – allowing you to see how your site is performing.
- Registering with Google and Bing Webmaster tools – ensuring you get fully indexed and identify potential issues with the site
- Gravity Forms – A premium form plugin that stores enquiries in WordPress as well as emails you. It has dozens of sub plugins that expand its functionality exponentially.
- On Site SEO – I go through all the pages and makes sure everything is optimised. I also install the best SEO plugins
- XML and HTML sitemap – ensuring you are fully indexed
- Registering with Google+ for businesses and set-up of local directories. Local SEO is low hanging fruit and we make sure you do well with it
- Email with Outlook/Live. Web design companies that only provide POP3 emails are morons. Live for domains gives your enterprise level emails for free.
- Various security enhancements to ensure you do not get hacked.
I currently offer web design in Blackpool from £445 and I personally think you are going to struggle to find a better deal than that, anyone cheaper will be offering a very poor product. So feel free to get in touch and we can discuss your requirements